According to ADR legislation, "each transport unit containing dangerous goods on board must be equipped with general and individual protective equipment (ADR KIT) […]. Equipment should be chosen according to the on-board merchandise hazard label, ADR label numbers can be found on the consignment note. “
This means that, firstly, it is mandatory to carry an ADR KIT on board the vehicle if dangerous goods are being transported, and, secondly, there are different classes of ADR KITS depending on the danger label of the goods being transported.< p style = "text-align: justify">
What does the ADR KIT contain? < / strong>
All vehicles carrying dangerous goods must carry the following equipment on board their vehicle:
- Un fluorescent vest similar to that described in the European standard EN 471: 2003 + A1: 2007. In Storecargo, the vest that comes with the ADR KIT that you can find here is manufactured according to RD requirements 1407/1992, UNE EN 340: 2004 and UNE EN 471: 2004.
- One flashlight that it complies with the provisions of section 8.3.4, that is, it does not have a metal surface that can produce sparks.
- A pair of protective gloves , essential especially for those who transport chemical products. Also, if dangerous products such as benzene, alcohol or solvents are transported, these gloves must be resistant.
- Protective glasses .
- Escape mask easy to use emergency, since at the time of leakage you have to react quickly so that the driver can save himself. This mask must have filters The mask contained in the Storecargo ADR KIT is manufactured according to EN141, EN141 and EN143.
- Eye lightening liquid , aimed at the following risk classes: 3 (flammable liquids) , 4.1 (flammable solids, spontaneously reacting substances, materials that polymerize and solid desensitized explosive materials), 4.2 (substances susceptible to spontaneous ignition), 4.3 (substances that, in contact with water, emit flammable gases), 5.1 (oxidizing substances), 5.2 (organic peroxides), 6.1, 6.2 (toxic and infectious substances), 7 (radioactive materials), 8 (corrosive substances) and 9 (other classes of hazardous substances).
The eyewash liquid is a 0.9% sodium chloride solution, provided with the eyepiece cap for quick and easy application when required.
- Shovel , for those who transport liquid and solid products of class 3, 4.1, 4.3, 8 and 9, it should be spark proof.
- Sewer inlet shutter. What does this tool consist of? Well, nothing more than to avoid the spillage of dangerous liquids in the sewer, for which must be resistant to water, oil, chemicals and fuels.
- Collection container, > mandatory when transporting materials of classes 3, 4.1, 4.3, 8 and 9. It is a container made of material that must be resistant to r